Title: Executive Assistant
Location: San Carlos, CA
The Executive Assistant reports to the CEO and will play a key support role as the Company proceeds through important developmental milestones and growth spurts in the coming years. RubrYc’s Executive Assistant will act as a crucial coordinator of meetings and contact among executives, employees, service providers, vendors, clients, investors, advisors, and other stakeholders. The Executive Assistant will manage information flow amongst and between these individuals and organizations accurately and efficiently.
The Executive Assistant will have important operational roles including supporting expense reporting and reimbursement/payment, maintaining office supply inventory for the Company and laboratory materials supply inventory for R&D teams; interfacing with facilities and IT service providers; coordinating Executive Management Team calendars, arranging for travel and transportation, and managing team and Company meeting schedules. In coordination with RubrYc’s outsourced Human Resources service, the Executive Assistant will also support important Human Resources functions including on-boarding and exiting staff, administration of the Company’s benefit plans and insurance, facilitation of trainings (e.g., sexual harassment prevention, diversity and inclusion, etc.), and monitoring compliance with HR policies and obligations. From time to time, the Executive Assistant will also draft and/or revise content for internal and external communications (e.g., memos, meeting minutes, reports), and maintain organization of important physical and electronic documents for the CEO.
The Executive Assistant will be well-organized, proficient managing time and able to complete required tasks independently.
- Work directly with CEO on calendaring, emails, meeting coordination, and a variety of complex tasks
- Assist members of the executive team with scheduling meetings, including budget meetings, strategic quarterly reviews, Chairman visits, Board meetings, and high-level contacts/company visits (both internal and external)
- Coordinate executive correspondence including responding to emails and interfacing with employees, clients, vendors and Board members.
- Book domestic and international travel and assist with other travel related needs such as passports and VISAs.
- Prepare a variety of business materials including correspondence, company meeting materials and/or board materials.
- Prepare and review expense reports for the members of the Executive team.
- Organize and coordinate all aspects of both internal and external executive meetings.
- Provide on-site support in onboarding and offboarding employees.
- Assist in onboarding new employees and offboarding departing employees, and in supporting HR standards and policies.
- Assist in planning in-house or off-site activities, such as happy hours, events, celebrations and conferences.
- Order and maintain adequate level of Swag for employees.
- Maintain the highest standard of service and confidentiality to stakeholders.
- Provide a bridge for smooth communication. Prioritize conflicting needs; handle matters expeditiously, proactively, and follow through on projects to successful completion, often with deadline pressures.
- Adapt and adjust to a rapidly changing environment where priorities are shifting daily. Attend staff and department meetings as needed and assist in administrative management of the meetings; this includes arranging and establishing video conference connections, support in preparing agendas, and generation of meeting summaries as required.
- Seek out, build, and maintain trusting and collaborative relationships and alliances with others inside and outside of the organization.
Required Professional Qualifications
- Bachelor’s Degree
- At least 1-3 years’ work experience as an Executive Assistant, Personal Assistant or similar role
- Excellent MS Office knowledge
- Familiarity with cloud storage service (e.g., Dropbox, virtual data rooms, etc.) administration
- Excellent tele-conference and web-conference administration capabilities (e.g., Gotomeeting, etc.)
- Outstanding organizational and time management skills
- Familiarity with office devices and co-working / collaboration applications (e.g., printer/scanner machines, slack, etc.)
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills
- Highest standards of discretion and confidentiality managing sensitive communications and issues
- Human Resources experience a plus
Founded in 2017, RubrYc Therapeutics, Inc., has created novel computational tools, chemical libraries, and analytics that confer distinct competitive advantages in the discovery of biotherapeutics.
RubrYc offers employees a full benefits package including premium medical, dental and vision coverage; commuter benefits; life, AD&D and short- and long-term disability insurance; a 401(k) plan;12 paid holidays and 15 days of PTO.
RubrYc Therapeutics is located in San Carlos, California, and currently has 11 employees.