Title: Sr. Scientist - Discovery Biology
Location: San Carlos, CA
Join an exciting venture-backed startup in San Carlos with a novel drug discovery platform. This is an opportunity to have a significant impact as you support a cutting-edge platform that integrates epitope diversity, biological activity, comprehensive knowledge bases and machine learning to produce best-in-class antibody therapeutics.
Located in San Carlos, RubrYc Therapeutics was founded to revolutionize traditional approaches to therapeutic antibody discovery. Our core mission is to continually innovate at the intersection of biology and data science to produce best-in-class therapeutics. Driven by information, RubrYc designs and deploys proprietary Meso Scale Engineered Molecules (MEMs), which recapitulate the structural and molecular dynamics of specific epitopes within a target antigen. By aggregating laboratory measured interaction data with structural simulation, deep learning and proprietary algorithms, we gain unprecedented insights into the interfaces of antibodies and their targets.
The Position: Senior Scientist - Discovery Biology
Rubryc’s epitope-selective antibody discovery platform is currently being used to identify bio-superiors, and to target “undruggable” target classes. This Senior Scientist position, reporting to the Director of Biology, will be a key member of the Discovery Biology team and a critical member of Rubryc’s internal and partnered program teams. The successful applicant will translate basic biology into transformative therapies in autoimmune and oncology indications. In this role, key translational research will be performed to evaluate mechanism of action, rational drug combinations, new disease indications and mouse models, and investigate biomarkers in preclinical samples.
- Development and performance of in vivo/ex vivo pharmacology experiments, such as PK, PD and efficacy studies.
- Development and characterization of different animal models in house or with CROs/external collaborations, including humanized mouse models.
- Execution of a wide range of in vitro cellular immunological assays, including reporter assays, PBMC based assays and functional immune assays (MLR/TTR).
- Apply cellular and molecular biology techniques such as multi-color flow cytometry, MSD/Luminex, genomic analyses, and IHC for biomarker discovery.
- Document and organize data, generate technical reports, and present findings to project teams and at conferences.
The candidate must be highly innovative, energetic and willing to take calculated risks. He or she will bring a creative, innovative energy to the team and contribute to the cross-disciplinary thought leadership RubrYc has established. The candidate must be comfortable in a small and fast-paced startup.
- Ability to work in a collegial manner, a team player
- Ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing in an inter disciplinary environment
- Go-getter self-starter who can take initiative
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills
- Highly tolerant and respectful of all members of a small startup company
- Focused and goal-oriented, yet flexible enough to deal with unanticipated challenges and opportunities
- Pro-active and positive attitude to thrive in a start-up environment
Technical Skills and Qualifications
- The ideal candidate should have a PhD with at least 3-5 years of experience in a post-doctoral or industry setting related to cell biology, biochemistry, immunology, pharmacology.
- Must have understanding and hands-on experience working with mouse models of human diseases.
- Experience with primary immune cell assays and immunological read-outs is required.
- Proficiency in multi-parameter flow cytometry and cytokine analysis is required.
- Excellent interpersonal, organizational, and oral/written communication skills with ability to thrive in a goal driven team environment is required.
We offer a competitive salary, commensurate of a young startup in Silicon Valley, plus meaningful stock option allocations and benefits.
Corporate Culture at RubrYc
We are a small venture-backed startup. The company environment is friendly and informal, and non-hierarchical. Our corporate culture is rigorous science and innovation, and we believe in continuous growth and learning. We strive for excellence in performance and quality of work, and at the same time, we believe in maintaining a healthy work/life balance.
If you are interested in this opportunity, please send a copy of your resume to email@example.com